A highly concentrated blend of multiple bacterial spores, specifically selected to function in the grease trap environments
FATKING was formulated to breakdown animal fats and vegetable oils and has been successfully used in treating waste water arising from food processing facilities, municipal sewerage pumping and lift stations as well as grease traps where fats and organic oils are a concern.
Grease applications are often the most neglected and difficult to manage problems in effluent treatment. Biological products have been used for some years in grease trap maintenance.
These products reduced solids and odours, but did not perform well in low pH or high fat situations.
One major reason for grease treatment failure is the inability of standard products to function at low pH. By testing grease reduction applications in the field, and discussions with our customers, we found the majority of
grease traps to have a pH of 4.5
6. With this information, we tested the ability of the bacteria in standard grease trap products to function at a worst case pH of 4.25. Not surprisingly, we found that standard products were not capable of functioning at this low pH
• The Fatking bacterial product was developed to target and eliminate wastes like unsaturated fat, vegetable and fish oil, milk, starch and protein in numerous industrial waste water applications.
• Grease traps and drain maintenance in restaurant kitchens, fast food outlets and hotels.
• Minimise the impact of floating oils and greases that cause operating upsets in wastewater treatment plants.
• Decreasing the unsightly build up of animal and plant grease and fat residues.
• Frequency of grease trap pump out is reduced which means a reduction in plumbing costs.
• Preventing the channelling, blocking and possible collapse of filter-bed media.
• Eliminates bad odours emanating from the grease receptors.